Welcome, foolish mortals to the Haunted Mansion Parlor – onboard the Disney Treasure cruise ship. This will be the world’s first Haunted Mansion bar, surrounding guests with 999 happy haunts and a plethora of spirited cocktails. This bar will debut December 2024 when the Disney Treasure first sets sail.
According to Disney, “The one-of-a-kind experience will invite guests to partake in the next chapter of the Haunted Mansion, focused on the story of a jovial captain who entered the ghostly realm after a disastrous dinner with his beloved fiancé. A custom musical arrangement inspired by the attraction’s original score arranged and adapted by composer Shruti Kumar and Walt Disney Imagineering will set the stage for an ever-escalating anthology of illusions that immerses guests into the mysterious lore of the Haunted Mansion.”
Spirits and merchandise at Haunted Mansion Parlor Bar
What is a haunted bar without some spirits? Guests will be welcomed in with the ghoulish theme and music, and captured for all eternity with hand crafted cocktails.
- Sympathetic Libations, featuring blood orange and sour cherry flavors in a shimmering zero proof cocktail, served in a specialty mug.
- Ghoulish Delight, an ube-flavored drink with hints of sweetness and nuttiness, incorporated with ube fudge, oat milk and tapioca pearls in a purple concoction garnished with a gummy eyeball and ube glitter.
- A spooky twist on a classic margarita, this drink will be presented to guests amidst a swirl of flavored smoke, topped with a lemon salt foam, this tequila based cocktail will contain a secret message, only to be revealed by black light.
Merchandise to die for! If you don’t grab it, you will be haunted every night until you return back to the Haunted Mansion Parlor.
- Haunted Mansion Parlor Music Box, a keepsake inspired by the eerie music box that will play a melodic soundtrack inside the Haunted Mansion Parlor. As the rumors go, this mysterious box belonged to the captain’s bride-to-be and only opens in the presence of malevolent spirits.
- Haunted Parlor Mantle Clock, part of the new merchandise collection, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to bring home their very own mantle clock, just like the one from the parlor.
- Haunted Mansion Parlor Sculpted Mug, featuring the same octopus design from the bar’s entrance onboard the Disney Treasure, this mug will depict an aura of intrigue and will be accented with a variety of sea life, including a hidden Mickey Mouse-shaped barnacle.
- Haunted Mansion Parlor Mirror, this mirror will allow guests to take home a piece of the magic, offering a ghoulish surprise to unsuspecting users when the hitchhiking ghosts mysteriously appear.
Story and ghoulish theme
Characters from Haunted Mansion attractions at Disney Parks around the world, as well as new seafaring arrivals, will appear at the parlor. This venue will follow the nostalgic art style of the original 1969 Disney Parks classic.
The design of the Haunted Mansion Parlor will be reminiscent of a first-class drawing room from classic cruise liners. Inspiration from the original Haunted Mansion will blend with a nautical twist. The lounge will include tributes to the Disney Parks attractions, from the iconic purple wallpaper to a mantel clock atop a fireplace and a distinct purple armchair tucked in the corner. Guests will also encounter a few new ghoulish faces in a portrait gallery depicting the Disney Treasure’s own ghostly residents.
This new Haunted Mansion Parlor bar will welcome new residents beginning December 2024 onboard the Disney Treasure cruise ship. Much like the Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge onboard the Disney Wish, this bar should be incredibly popular. Get your reservation for this bar ASAP (upon boarding the ship) if you wish to dine with ghoulish hosts.
The Disney Treasure will also feature other Disney characters and stories, like Aladdin, Hook, Peter Pan and Disney Pixar’s “Coco”. This ship’s luxurious design certainly sets it apart in the Disney Cruise Line fleet. What can we expect to learn next? Follow along to learn more.