Christmas Town returns to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay on Nov. 11 for 58 consecutive days. Included with park admission, this event features the Holly Jolly Express train ride, Elmo’s Christmas Wish, new food items and more.
New this year, guests can celebrate with light displays in the Jungala area, extending all the way though Pantopia – featuring a light-up walkthrough dragon. In the Bird Gardens area of the park, guests can step into a light tunnel composed of thousands of LED lights synchronized to holiday tunes. Also, a brand-new 40-foot pixelated tree will deck the halls at Cheetah Plaza.
Returning Busch Gardens Christmas Town entertainment
With more than a decade of Christmas decadence, Christmas Town returns with some fan-favorites. These included with admission experiences begin Saturday, Nov. 11, including the explosive Holiday in the Sky, a Nighttime Spectacular firework show. There will numerous shows and experiences a day. Checkout the Busch Gardens Park Hour Calendar to see all that is happening for Christmas Town.
- Santa’s North Pole Experience, a character experience where jolly elves interact with guests as they guide them to see Santa in his workshop.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus, where those young, and young-at-heart, can hear fabled tales with the kindest soul of Christmas.
- Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland, where guests get to meet the most famous reindeer of all.
- Christmas on Ice, the energetic seasonal ice skating show returns to the Moroccan Palace. See amazing thrills on ice and moments of wonder as talented skaters perform to traditional and popular Christmas songs.
- Elmo’s Christmas Wish, families help Elmo realize his Christmas wish in this sing-along, festive show featuring appearances by Elmo, Cookie Monster, Rosita, Grover, and Zoe.
- Three Kings Journey, the journey of the Three Wise Men to Bethlehem is celebrated in this inspiring musical tale, happening select nights at the Dragon Fire Grill from Nov. 11 through Jan. 7.
- Holiday in the Sky, a Nighttime Spectacular, a colorful display of festive fireworks choreographed to a soundtrack of classic holiday tunes. This fireworks display will take place on the Festival Field on select event nights.
- Holly Jolly Express, this jolly and bright train will transport guests into a singing celebration as it loops around the park.
- Character Appearances, featuring photo moments with special seasonal characters located throughout the park including princesses and lovable snowmen.
New Busch Gardens Christmas Town food & drink options
Christmas time certainly involves food and drinks, and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is ready to serve. All new food and drink offers will be sold and shared at Christmas Town.
- Chicken Coq-au-vin, served with red bliss mashed potatoes.
- Holiday Poutine, served with gravy, cheese curds and cranberry relish.
- Smoked Turkey, with stuffing, cranberry relish, gravy and Texas toast.
- Seared Scallop, with ruby red couscous and goat cheese crumbles.
- Mistletoe Margarita, with tequila, Monin pomegranate and a splash of lime.
- South for the Winter, featuring Jack Daniels, Jack Daniels Honey, Monin cranberry, ginger and lime.
- Jack Frost, made with coconut rum, blue curacao, mint and a splash of lime.
- Ginger Snap Mule, crafted with spiced rum, Amaretto, ginger and a splash of lime.
- Candy Cane Lane, featuring vodka, Monin peppermint, grenadine and a splash of lime.
Save money with Sampler Lanyards
The best way to save money on treats during Christmas Town at Busch Gardens is with a Christmas Town Sampler Lanyard. Starting at $45, samplers offer the best value per bite. They will be sold in quantities of five and 10. A 12-item sampler will be sold for the same price as a 10-item sampler for Pass Members.
Samplers give full size entrees and sampler size alcoholic beverages. To make the most of your money, we suggest the sampler to get food and then buy cocktails outright to get the full size.
To learn more, and purchase VIP packages, you can head to the Busch Gardens Christmas Town website. Christmas Town will run 58 consecutive days from Nov. 11 to Jan. 7, but not every bit of entertainment is offered each day – like the firework spectacular. Look ahead to make sure you can plan the perfect holiday visit.
Santa announced one present early. Coming in 2024, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is getting a new roller coaster. Phoenix Rising will be a family-friend suspended coaster – reaching speeds up to 44 miles per hour in the Pantopia area of the park.